Mobile Medical Unit
The Pasco Public Defender Mobile Medical Unit is a medical office on wheels. The full-time staff includes a director, nurse practitioner and driver. The Unit often has community volunteers, doctors, nurses and other medical professionals to assist.
Pasco County residents can receive basic health care on the Mobile Unit at no charge. Emergency services are not provided on the Unit. Our goal is to break down barriers between people and access to healthcare, treating all patients with dignity and respect.
How do I contact the Mobile Medical Unit?
- If you have questions, please call (727) 324-7823 or email us.
Appointments are not necessary, walk-in's are welcome.
What does the mobile medical unit offer?
The Unit travels to more than a dozen locations throughout Pasco County serving the homeless and residents who have no insurance.
- Employment physicals, with some exceptions
- School and Sports physicals
- Laboratory services, limited
- Pregnancy testing
- Hepatitis B vaccines
- HIV/HEP C testing, see schedule (PDF)
- Some prescription assistance. No drugs are kept on board the unit.
- Treatment for brief illness. Strep throat and flu are examples.
- Treatment for long-term illnesses. High blood pressure and diabetes are examples.
Limited referrals are offered and can include:
- Dental services
- Mental Health and Substance abuse
- Primary and Specialty care
How do I find out where the unit will be?
The mobile medical unit operates during the day, between 4-5 days a week. We take healthcare directly to the community by visiting locations such as soup kitchens, food pantries, community agencies and homeless outreach programs. Review the Pasco County Calendars below to learn where the unit is currently scheduled.
Pasco Mobile Medical Unit calendar Schedule (PDF)
Pasco Public Defender Mobile Hot Showers: The Public Defender’s office provides mobile hot showers to Pasco County’s homeless. Our shower trailers have 2 air conditioned stalls offering total privacy, a changing area and a sink.
One mobile shower is at a fixed location: Coalition for the Homeless of Pasco County, 5652 Pine Street, New Port Richey.
Our other shower unit travels to various sites throughout Pasco County.
Please call for times and locations at (727) 324-7823.