Funded Projects and Programs
County Initiated Projects
Pasco County has identified land which can be prepared for specifically targeted economic development projects and, with the Office of Economic Growth Penny for Pasco funds, are proceeding with goals to achieve 'Ready Certification' for these sites:
Pasco Accelerated Development Sites (PADS) - The foundation for development.
Pasco Occupant Ready Structures (PORS) - Move in and customize your building space.
"Pasco County's anticipated growth by 2025 demands an addition of 600,000 square feet of office space and 1.6 million square feet of industrial space per year." Economic Development Plan
Growing our businesses and attracting more
Mettler Toledo - Relocating to Pasco County
TouchPoint Medical, Incorporated - Relocating & joining their global headquarters and manufacturing operation facilities
Tru Simulation + Training - Expanding their Pilot Training Center
Welbilt FSG U.S. Holdings - Expansion to include Corporate Offices
The Pasco County Board of County Commissioners has approved an Amended and Restated Funding Agreement with the Pasco Economic Development Council (Pasco EDC) for additional funding in FY2018/2019 and a two year extension, beyond the original cooperative funding agreement. This agreement provides additional funding, in the amount of $2,028,000 from the JEO Trust Fund, to execute the following programs and services:
1. Pasco Ready Sites Program: Identify, evaluate, preserve and market available land for targeted industries.
2. Entrepreneurship Program: These services, collectively known as the SMARTstart program, includes business support programs from start-up to mature growth companies located in Pasco County. Services will be coordinated among various business development organizations and include proven systems for the development of successful businesses, direct business education, and development services:
a. CO.STARTERS - A cohort to support business development
b. CEO Round Tables - Collaborate with industry CEOs in a confidential setting to exchange insights on business, industry and leadership.
c. Business Incubators - Connect with your customers in a professional office space.
d. Pasco Microloan - Apply for a low interest small business loan.
e. Pasco Enterprise Network - A partnership of successful business people and resources for counseling and advice.
3. International Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) Program: Attract and assist international companies looking to expand or relocate to Pasco County.
4. International Trade Program: Provide awareness and assistance to Pasco County companies interested in importing and exporting in international markets.
5. Pasco Pipeline Program: This three year pilot program intends to bridge the workforce gap between employers and potential employees. The talent pipeline website will use multiple data collection platforms to provide a central resource that matches corporation and industry needs to residents with the required workforce skills and training.
See the Original Funding Agreement
American Manufacturing Skills Initiative (AmSkills) & Industry Certification Training Center (ICTC)Apprenticeship Program Opens a New Window.
On March 11, 2014, the BCC passed Resolution 14-120 Opens a New Window. and entered into an interlocal agreement with Pinellas and Hernando Counties to form the Industry Certification Training Center (ICTC) Governing Board.
Pasco County committed to a seed funding match totaling $400,000 over fiscal years 2016 and 2017.
In fiscal year 2018, the ICTC program was awarded another grant for $200,000 to expand the program to include adults and continue youth pre-apprenticeship training. The adult apprenticeship candidates will complete training and become ready for job placement in 4 to 6 months!
AmSkills Pasco expects to have a minimum of 6 youth and 24 adult job ready candidates per year.
The AmSkills story continues on our workforce development page.
CareerSource Pasco Hernando Workforce Re-Entry Program
On September 17, 2018, the BCC approved an agreement which allows CareerSource Pasco Hernando to implement a new Workforce Re-Entry Program aimed to get adult, unemployed or underemployed residents back to work.
Pasco County's Jobs and Economic Opportunities Trust Fund (from Penny for Pasco) will fund up to $350,000 for the first year of this program, starting October 1st, 2018.
CareerSource Pasco Hernando expects to give a hand-up to a minimum of 50 resident participants in the first year.
The Workforce Re-Entry Program story continues on our workforce development page.
Redevelopment Revolving Loan Fund
This pilot program initiative will be seeded with $1,000,000. Initial targeted applicants will be private businesses located within the Pasco County Harbors Market Area who wish to make capital improvements to their commercial property. These improvement might include alteration, modification, repair, renovation, demolition or site preparation to an existing place of business.
The Redevelopment Loan Program will ultimately assist our targeted market in creating new jobs and/or saving existing jobs as well as boosting the local property values, raise lease and occupancy rates, enhance community growth and improve the public image.
For an application or more information, please contact
Troy Jackson, Project Manager
Office of Economic Growth