Summer Day Camp
IT'S ALMOST TIME! Seven weeks of summer fun with games, sports, arts and crafts, movies, guest speakers, field trips and much more! This year's Pasco County Summer Day Camp program will be Monday - Friday, June 14- July 30, 2021 (no camp on July 5, 2021). The camp will be limited to ages 5 - 13, and the hours of operation at each location will be from 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. For more information on our Summer Day Camp program, please call (813) 929-1229.
ONLINE ONLY REGISTRATION BEGINS:
- April 10, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. for Pasco County families registering for the FULL 7-week program.
- April 12, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. for Pasco County families registering for the FULL or PARTIAL summer options.
- April 17, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. for Non-Pasco County families and county residents registering for any remaining summer day camp options.
Summer Day Camp must be paid in full at time of registration. The number of camp locations have decreased for this year, so please look at the link below for locations and number of available spots prior to registration.
Expect to see these best practices to protect our campers and team members:
- Children's temperature taken daily before being accepted into camp
- Sign in/check out at your vehicle
- Reduced camper-to-staff ratios/group intermingling to promote social distancing
- Increased sanitizing of facilities and equipment
- Face coverings are optional for all team members & campers. It is highly recommended that campers and counselors wear face coverings in any setting where physical distancing is not possible, but face coverings will not be required.
*Please note camp is subject to cancellation based on several factors related to the pandemic. Refunds will be available for any PRNR-initiated cancellations.
**Please note: During this registration period, there will be NO partial refunds allowed. Refunds for the entire program must be requested 2 weeks in advance and must have approved documentation for summer school, moving out of the area, or a prolonged health condition. Vacations, general illness, and/or all other refund request will NOT be granted. If the program should be cancelled by the PRNR Department, a refund will be provided to all affected participants.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW/DO BEFORE REGISTRATION:
IMPORTANT: Before beginning the registration process, please be sure your account is created and/or up to date. Be sure to add all family members and make sure the information for each member is correct.
*Space is limited*
Each selection must be paid for at the time of registration. Any selections not paid for during this process may NOT be available to you later.
- Visa, MasterCard, and Discover ONLY
TO PARTICIPATE, A CHILD MUST:
- Be able to use the restroom without assistance.
- Be able to handle a 20:1 camper to counselor ratio. *excludes Special Needs Summer Day Camp
- Be able to follow directions and perform routine daily tasks without one-on-one guidance.
All participants must bring their own Lunch and Snack each day. No food will be provided by the school board or Parks, Recreation and Natural Resources Department.
SUMMER CAMP COUNSELORS:
Our staff is carefully selected and screened through interviews, background checks, and FDLE Criminal History reports. The staff is preferred to have a high school diploma or GED and experience working with children. Training is provided in safety, discipline, recreational games and sports, and behavior management.