Summer Day Camp Information
The Pasco County Summer Day Camp program will run from June 11 - July 27, 2018. Campers will experience fun activities including games, sports, arts and crafts, field trips, movies, guest speakers, special events, and much more! For more information on our Summer Day Camp program, please call (813) 929-1229.
LUNCH AND SNACK:
A Free Lunch And Snack Will Be Available at Qualifying Summer Day Camp Sites For All Seven Weeks.
SUMMER CAMP COUNSELORS:
Our staff is carefully selected and screened through interviews, background checks, and FDLE Criminal History reports. The staff is preferred to have a high school diploma or GED and experience working with children. Training is provided in safety, discipline, recreational games and sports, and behavior management.
Register children at the site they plan to attend. Space is limited and on a first-come, first-served basis. The first day of registration is for Pasco County residents ONLY. Registration lines may be long; your patience is most appreciated.
WHAT TO BRING TO REGISTRATION:
- Proof of Pasco County residency, i.e. voter I.D., utility bill, lease, etc.
- Driver’s license or picture I.D.
- Emergency phone numbers and medical insurance information.
- Cash or checks made payable to Board of County Commissioners. Check writer must provide driver’s license and employment information. *Credit cards are accepted at some locations. See below for more details.
- Birth certificate and proof of Pre-K completion. Camp is for ages 5 – 13 years old.
- Note: Starkey Nature Camp is for ages 7 – 13.
- Full payment for all seven weeks at registration – spot is guaranteed for entire program.
- Full payment for specific weeks at registration – spot is guaranteed for those specific weeks.
- Partial payment for all seven weeks – 50% due at time of registration with balance due on or before Friday, June 15th 2018. Child will be removed from the final four weeks of camp and placed at the bottom of the waiting list if final payment is not made by June 15th.
- Weekly payment – first week must be paid at registration. Subsequent weeks can be paid for once camp begins IF space is available.
- Note - Credit Cards are accepted ONLY at the J. Ben Harrill Recreation Complex, Land O' Lakes Heritage Park, Land O' Lakes Recreation Complex, and Veterans Memorial Park.
TO PARTICIPATE, A CHILD MUST:
- Be able to use the restroom without assistance.
- Be able to handle a 20:1 camper to counselor ratio.
- Be able to follow directions and perform routine daily tasks without one-on-one guidance.