Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan (CEMP) Review
Pasco County Emergency Management is responsible for reviewing and approving Emergency Management Plans for licensed healthcare facilities in the County to include:
- Adult Day Cares
- Assisted Living Facilities
- Nursing Homes
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers
- Intermediate Care Facilities for the Developmentally Disabled
- Residential Treatment Centers for Children and Adolescents
The facilities are required by the Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA) to have an approved Emergency Management Plan to renew their license annually. Florida Statute 252, the Florida Administrative Code, County requirements, and the AHCA Planning Criteria are utilized to support the approval of plans.
- Submission of your CEMP:
- Current Approval Letter for your Fire Safety Plan from the Fire Marshal's office
- Your facility inspection report is not acceptable evidence of your Fire Safety Plan being approved
- Updated Mutual Aid Agreements with signatures and current dates
- Emergency Environmental Control Plan (EECP) with the necessary components from the Governor's Rule 58AER17-1 and 59AER17-1 and with the supplemental information required in the AHCA criteria form (the EECP only applies to Assisted Living Facilities and Nursing Homes (Please see the final ratified FAC below)
Florida Governor Rick Scott has directed AHCA and Florida Department of Elder Affairs to issue emergency rules (59AER17-1) to keep Floridians safe in health care facilities during emergencies. Pursuant to the emergency action on 9/16/2017, within the next 60 days, all assisted living facilities (ALFs) and nursing homes must obtain ample resources, including a generator and the appropriate amount of fuel, to sustain operations and maintain comfortable temperatures for at least 96-hours following a power outage. This is based on standards already in place at all hospitals in Florida.
Pasco County Healthcare Ordinance No. 18-28
For more information...
For more information regarding the Emergency Power Ruling, please visit the following AHCA Website: http://ahca.myflorida.com/mchq/emergency_activities/epp.shtml
If you have any questions regarding Medical Facility CEMP Reviews, please contact:
Email Catherine (Nicole) Johnson
Pasco County Emergency Management