Pasco County UF/IFAS Extension
Dorothy Moore Memorial Scholarship Donation
Dorothy Hanson Moore August 31, 1949 - July 17, 2020
Dorothy Moore was a teacher and a dedicated UF/IFAS Extension Pasco Master Gardener Volunteer and was awarded the Presidents Volunteer Service Award from Corporation for National and Community Service under the Points of Light Foundation.
We delight in the bounty of the butterfly but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that bounty - Maya Angelou
- Do not open the seed packet and avoid opening outer packaging or mailing materials, if possible.
- Do not plant the seeds or discard them in trash that will be landfilled.
- Limit contact with the seed package until further guidance on handling, disposal, or collection is available from the USDA.
- Report the seed package to the FDACS Division of Plant Industry at 1-888-397-1517 or DPIhelpline@FDACS.gov
- Report the seed package to the USDA APHIS Anti-Smuggling Hotline at 1-800-877-3835 or SITC.Mail@aphis.usda.gov
- When reporting the seed package to FDACS and USDA/APHIS, please be prepared to provide one’s name, physical address, phone number, and email address for contact purposes. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Gradual Reopening Guidelines
- Coronavirus Food Assistance
- Coronavirus Videos
- Emergency Business Grant Information
- UF/IFAS Extension Events
*UF/IFAS Pasco County Extension Offices to Slowly Reopen
*Offices Now Open
The UF/IFAS Pasco County Extension Office is working to slowly and safely reopen county locations with limited services, following the guidelines in Governor Ron DeSantis’ Executive Order Phase 2: Safe. Smart. Step-by-Step. Plan for Florida’s Recovery as follows:
*One Stop Shop Incubator Kitchen is open; face masks are required
email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Offices are open to the public for walk-ins and by appointment
Federal and state social distancing guidelines remain in place and will limit the number of people allowed inside at any given time. You can expect to see Extension team members wearing face masks, and we recommend customers wear a mask, as well, if you would like to enter the building. At-risk or vulnerable customers are encouraged to call (352) 518-0156 or email (need address) for a consultation.
Our popular online Virtual Plant Clinics (bit.ly/2XtsoQH) offering yard and pest control help will continue until further notice. Learn more about online clinics and our extensive Webinar Series catalog at http://bit.ly/PascoExtension
CAFÉ Latino Educational Videos for help during pandemic
CAFÉ Latino, the 45-member volunteer group of UF/IFAS Extension faculty, has created a series of educational videos to market its services and provide educational information to under served Spanish-speaking audiences throughout Florida, in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
To view the videos, visit: https://bit.ly/384b9sf
In This Together: UF/IFAS Pasco Extension Says Thank You!
Touchless Transitions Webinar, June 4, 2020
A Touchless Transition: Listen in as we discuss ways to transition your food business and provide customers more peace of mind in this time of increased safety concern.
Food Business, Incubator Kitchen Webinar, May 13, 2020
Adapting Your Home-based Food Business During These Times: Dan Mitchell, Program Director, Pasco EDC SmartStart - A Conversation with Shari Bresin, Consumer Sciences Agent and Elizabeth Urquiola, Program Coordinator (One Stop Shop) UF/IFAS Pasco Extension
WHO WE ARE
The Cooperative Extension Service is nationwide and was established by the Smith-Lever Act of 1914. It is a partnership between state land grant universities, the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) and the county governments throughout the nation. All of these groups share in the planning, financing, and operation of extension programs. In Florida, the Cooperative Extension Service is administered by the University of Florida.
Extension provides non-biased, research-based information to America’s citizens. Pasco County Extension is an off-campus branch of the University of Florida’s Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences(UF/IFAS) and serves as a bridge between the research labs of the university and the local community by providing educational materials and programs for adults and youth. Pasco County Government provides support for local faculty, staff and facilities.
In a recent blog post, we covered the basics of doing a sprinkler "wet-check." (If you missed that post, or want a quick review, click here.) In today's post, we're focusing entirely on rain sensors, and how/why they... Read More
PASCO COUNTY RESIDENTS CAN FIND "SOLUTIONS FOR YOUR LIFE":
- Call our office for answers to your questions
- Bring plant/insect specimens to our offices for diagnoses/identification
- Schedule a seminar for your group
- Subscribe to a newsletter
- Volunteer in our programs (4-H, Home and Community Education, Horticulture)
- Enroll your children (ages 5-18) in 4-H programs
- Become a Master Gardener
- Attend programs presented by Extension faculty, program assistants and county volunteers
- Have questions about cattle or livestock and pasture management? Call us for solutions!
- Need to know about how to start a community garden? We've got answers!
- What is Florida Friendly Landscaping? Call us to find out!
Extension Disaster Education Network (EDEN)
Prepare Your Health for the 2020 Hurricane Season – Hurricane season may not be top of the mind during this stressful time, but it is something to think about.
From hurricanes to floods, tornadoes to thunderstorms, natural disasters deeply impact our lives — often with little notice. Use the category-specific content featured below (as well as links to other disaster preparation and recovery resources) to learn how you can protect yourself, your loved ones, and your property.
UF/IFAS Disaster Handbook
This bilingual guide (English/Spanish) details essential information for before, during, and after severe weather.
Click here to be directed to the: UF/IFAS EXTENSION DISASTER HANDBOOK
Master Gardeners Volunteers set up a Virtual Plant Clinic where you can talk live with a Master Gardener Volunteer about your plants.
We are expanding the Virtual Plant Clinic hours by adding Tuesday and Thursday hours from 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM.
The link for Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM is https://ufl.zoom.us/j/350600226
The link for Tuesday and Thursday from 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM is https://ufl.zoom.us/j/97926337952
Phone consultations are available through the UF/IFAS Pasco Extension Office Monday - Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
The UF Soils Lab is open and taking soil sample submissions.
While the UF Soils Lab is still processing samples during the Covid-19 situation, please be aware that Florida crop producers take priority right now in processing. So there could be a short lag time for homeowner samples.
Simply fill out the form at the link found below, mail the form along with the payment as well as the soil sample contained in a paper bag (approximately 1 cup of soil – see form for instructions) and send it to the address on the form.
Here’s the form:
UF/IFAS Extension is a Equal Opportunity Institution
UF/IFAS Extensión es una institución de igualdad de oportunidades
Se habla Español