Q: Why are you only offering camp 9:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. this year?
A: We have adjusted the start and end time of camp this year to limit group-to-group interaction. During the altered camp hours this year, all staff will be on site at all times, and this will allow the opportunity to keep groups separated entirely. Historically, groups were rotated and combined once all staff began and ended their shifts each day.
Q: Why are Odessa Park and Elsie Logan Memorial Park not hosting camp this year?
A: Unfortunately, neither Odessa Park nor Elsie Logan Memorial Park have dedicated full time staff necessary to assist with the program and to ensure that social distancing guidelines could be followed.
Q: What additional precautions will be taken to reduce the spread of Covid-19 at the Summer Day Camps?
A: We take the health and well-being of our residents and team members seriously and are committed to following current Florida Department of Health and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines and recommendations. In an effort to reduce the spread of Covid-19, please be aware of the additional modifications:
• Campers’ temperature will be taken each day before being accepted into camp.
• Sign in and check out will be conducted outdoors from the vehicles.
• Group intermingling will be held at a minimum.
• Staff to camper ratios will be lower in order to maintain realistic physical distancing.
• Sanitation of the facility and equipment will be significantly increased.
• Face coverings are optional for all team members & campers. It is highly recommended that campers and counselors wear face coverings in any setting where physical distancing is not possible, but face coverings will not be required.
Q: Who can I contact if I have additional questions?
A: For more information. please call (813) 929-1229.