Library Advisory Board
- 1:30 pm
- Second Tuesday of each of the following months: January, February, March, April, May, September and October
- Land O'Lakes
2818 Collier Pkwy
Land O'Lakes, FL 34639
Please note: The meetings for September and October will be offered as a hybrid meeting. Attendees will be permitted to attend either in person, or virtually through the WebEx conferencing tool.
- The meeting for October will be offered as a hybrid meeting. Attendees will be permitted to attend either in person, or virtually through the WebEx conferencing tool.
To attend the meeting virtually, click JOIN OCTOBER MEETING a few minutes prior to the meeting start time. The meeting will be hosted via Cisco Webex.
Meeting number (access code): 173 286 5590
Meeting passcode: E6AiM5XESE2
The Library Advisory Board (LAB) is composed of nine members who are registered voters. Members of the LAB are appointed as follows:
- 1 member appointed by the Mayor and City Council of the City of Dade City
- 1 member appointed by the Mayor and City Council of the City of Zephyrhills
- 1 member appointed by the Mayor and City Council of the City of New Port Richey
- 1 member (at-large) appointed by the Libraries Director
- 5 members appointed by the Board of County Commissioners (each commissioner will appointment one member)
Terms for members of the LAB appointed by the Board of County Commissioners shall run for the same duration as the commissioner who makes the appointment. Terms for members appointed by a municipality and the at-large member shall serve for three years.
The Library Advisory Board (LAB) was established by the Board of County Commissioners to develop and implement sound programs for the County’s library system through mutual cooperation with state, county, and city governments and agencies. They also coordinate efforts with non-governmental organizations interested in library facilities and services. The LAB advises and makes recommendations to the Board of County Commissioners on policy matters regarding the county library system.