How do I find out if my property has had a sinkhole?

"The Pasco County Office of Emergency Management does not maintain a database of sinkholes on private property. However, if a sinkhole incident (a sinkhole on private property that endangers the lives of the residents) is reported and Emergency Management responds to the scene, an incident report will be completed and kept on file. Other options available for citizens to inquire about sinkholes on private property are as follows: Contact the insurance company of the previous owner(s) for information on any reported sinkholes. Contact the Pasco County Central Permitting Office (x8126). Their database lists properties in which a permit has been pulled for sinkhole repair. Contact the FL Geological Survey at (850) 488-4191 or visit their website at for sinkhole information."

Show All Answers

1. What is my hurricane evacuation zone or level?
2. How do I register for Special Needs Assistance for sheltering during evacuations?
3. How can I make sure my family is prepared in the event of a hurricane?
4. How do I find out if my property has had a sinkhole?